Published on 21 December 2020, 18:30 by Webadmin —
This is a major release and update of VastDB with multiple new features:
- Three new species: cow (bosTau6), zebrafish (danRer10) and fruitfly (dm6)
- New data for human, mouse and chicken quantified with vast-tools for hg38, mm10 and galGal4.
- New special datasets:
- Pre-implantation development for human, mouse and cow (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.11.25.397794v2).
- TGCA data for human (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.23.003574v1).
- Ribosomal-engaged transcriptomes in different neuronal types for mouse (PMID: 31451803).
- Neural diversity, neurogenesis, neuronal activity and splicing regulation for Drosophila.
- Importantly, VastDB now includes ALL events from vast-tools. Simply type the eventID in the search box.
- Update of functions of events. Now there are 2010 entries for all species from individual references, 410 from CRISPR screens, and 1523 from experimentally validated ELMs.
- Other features:
- New domain overlap plots and Ensembl isoform mapping and links.
- Updated gene and exon homology relationships.
- Updated protein impact predictions (v3).
- Dedicated UCSC browser with current and future species (ucsc.crg.eu).
- Update FAQ and Downloads sections.
- Other improved displays.
The VastDB team